Using order flow analysis to gain an extra edge trading futures
Gold Futures Order Flow Trade on September 13, 2019
Hello! Hope your trading went really well this week. Rogerio Amado here, strategy and performance coach at the Mind Muscles Academy.
The theme for my Trading Strategy Insights series this week is how to use order flow analysis, more specifically the Jigsaw daytradr platform, to gain an extra edge trading futures.
Every week I share one trading strategy insight, taking a real and recent market example and breaking it down into smaller chunks, so you can understand the logic behind my strategy and trade management.
This week’s strategy insight focuses on how to read a pull back and also a market fade using order flow.
For this example, I traded the Gold futures market because it’s a thin market, which is a little harder to read with order flow, and you can use the same ideas in other popular fast markets, such as Crude Oil and Nasdaq futures. So, let’s go to our trade explanation.
Strategy Insights video showing order flow analysis
This video was part of a recent live session on order flow analysis in the Strategy and Execution Workshop.
I hope you learned something useful for your trading in this lesson. If you have any questions, please post them here or send me a message using the form below.
Did you miss the rest of the Trading Strategy Insights series?
- Trading Strategy Insights 1: E-mini S&P Futures Trade on August 22, 2019 (44 Ticks).
- Trading Strategy Insights 2: Case study – using the same technique for 2 trades in crude oil and e-mini S&P 500.
- Trading Strategy Insights 3: Case study – using fundamental analysis to gain an extra edge in a crude oil futures trade – 91 ticks
- Trading Strategy Insights 4: Case study – using order flow analysis to gain an extra edge trading futures
- Trading Strategy Insights 5: Case study – using order flow analysis to spot a market change in real time
- Trading Strategy Insights 6: How to spot a reversal in a volatile market.
- Trading Strategy Insights 7: How to use market structure data to plan a high probability trade.
- Trading Strategy Insights 8: How to use price action to enter a high probability trade.
Questions? Comments? Please post them below.
Please use the form below to get free access to the rest of the story: videos, PDFs, cheatsheets and more.