Using order flow analysis to spot a market change in real time
Gold Futures Order Flow Trade on September 13, 2019
Hello! Hope your trading went really well this week. Rogerio Amado here, strategy and performance coach at the Mind Muscles Academy.
The theme for my Trading Strategy Insights series this week is how to use order flow analysis, more specifically the Jigsaw daytradr platform, to spot a market change in real time.
Every week I share one trading strategy insight, taking a real and recent market example and breaking it down into smaller chunks, so you can understand the logic behind my strategy and trade management. This week’s strategy insight focuses on how to read a momentum and absorption using order flow. *NOTE: Some, but not all, of these are posted on the Mind Muscles for Traders blog. However, ALL of them are posted into your student dashboard.
This is a continuation of my previous trade example on order flow. It’s a great example to show how we can use order flow to identify a change in market mood right when it happens.
So, let’s go to our trade explanation:
How to read momentum and absorption using order flow
This video was part of a recent live session on order flow analysis in the Strategy and Execution Workshop. I’m a strong believer that mixing different techniques, such as fundamentals, price action, and order flow is a key to success in trading. This is one of the skills we help traders develop at the Mind Muscles Academy.
I invite you to check our Strategy and Execution Workshop,a unique hands-on live training program, done in small groups, in which participants learn the process of developing and testing trading strategies and then improving their trading execution through the use of exclusive tools that we provide at Mind Muscles for Traders. I hope you learned something useful for your trading in this lesson. If you have any questions, please post them here or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you miss the rest of the Trading Strategy Insights series?
- Trading Strategy Insights 1: E-mini S&P Futures Trade on August 22, 2019 (44 Ticks).
- Trading Strategy Insights 2: Case study - using the same technique for 2 trades in crude oil and e-mini S&P 500.
- Trading Strategy Insights 3: Case study - using fundamental analysis to gain an extra edge in a crude oil futures trade - 91 ticks
- Trading Strategy Insights 4: Case study - using order flow analysis to gain an extra edge trading futures
- Trading Strategy Insights 5: Case study - using order flow analysis to spot a market change in real time
- Trading Strategy Insights 6: How to spot a reversal in a volatile market.
- Trading Strategy Insights 7: How to use market structure data to plan a high probability trade.
- Trading Strategy Insights 8: How to use price action to enter a high probability trade.
Please use the form below to get free access to the rest of the story: videos, PDFs, cheatsheets and more.